OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Can it be fixed?
Christians currently poll as high as 80% of the people in the United States; if true, that is a supper majority.
The United States Supreme Court in the “Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, Case 143 U.S. 457 (1892);” as stated by MR. JUSTICE BREWER who delivered the opinion of the Court, on page 143 U. S. 471 of that case, stated, as quoted from opinion of the court:
“These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation.”
I also accept that we have the freedom of religion and that includes Christianity and atheism and all beliefs that a person can think of; and that there are limits to exercise of religion. One example, a human life may not be taken by man or Church as a form of sacrifice.
Given that there are both opportunities and boundaries to the free exercise of religion: This letter proposes several actions that are believed to be within these boundaries. There are proposals for action by the Christian community later in the letter, but first some history.
Our country can be seen as having three distinct phases: integrity, growth and the decline.
THE INTEGRITY YEARS
The years of integrity from much before its beginning to about 1835 when the Andrew Jackson administration; balanced its budget seven of eight years, paid the federal debt to zero and got rid of the national bank.
Man will never attain perfection. Even in our best years a person can look back and find faults such as cruelty to Indians and wars with Mexico. Congress can expose and censure so that future leaders would be guided more righteously on into the future. For congress to act, the people must first act by electing a congress that agrees with the people. To do their job, the people must be educated.
Education of our Christian community is a wonderful opportunity for our churches.
A FEW STATEMENTS FROM OUR “INTEGRITY ERA”
· During the Andrew Jackson Presidency the federal government spending was about 3.7% of the economy (via tariffs, no income tax). Average pay was $100 per year. In the year 1900 the taxes reduced to about 3.3% but by 2012 the per person tax grew to 15.6%. This latter number is an average, about 45% of the people pay no income tax. The divide and conquer effect of taday’s federal government.
· First President, George Washington Quote: You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.121 https://wallbuilders.com/founding-fathers-jesus-christianity-bible/ .
· Thomas Jefferson, before he became our third president, On May 24, 1774: drafted a Resolution for a Day of Fasting, Humiliation and Prayer to be observed as the British blockaded Boston’s Harbor.
· George Washington Inauguration – incorporated seven specific religious activities, including the use of the Bible to administer the oath; affirming the religious nature of the oath by the adding the prayer “So help me God!” to the oath; inaugural prayers offered by the president; religious content in the inaugural address; civil leaders calling the people to prayer or acknowledgement of God; inaugural worship services attended en masse by Congress as an official part of congressional activities; and clergy-led inaugural prayers. http://allianceforreligiousfreedom.com/sign-the-petition-government-stay-out-of-our-churches/#comment-55533 .
· After researching Washington’s life, Dr. Tim LaHaye included this statement, attributed to George Washington: “You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention.”  http://christiananswers.net/q-wall/wal-g011.html
THE GROWTH YEARS
With the integrity of a significantly Christian population, relatively sound money and legally binding contracts; under these circumstances the people grew the economy. Company’s hired labor, they built and sold products and competition kept the company’s competitive. We grew, by the year 1900 to a world power. One article claims we became the world super power after WW2.
THE PROGRESSIVE YEARS, STARTING
1898 WITH SPANISH AMERICAN WAR
These are negative watershed years; we had the 1776 declaration of independence and war of independence:
· Starting with the 1898 Spanish American war we resumed interventionism; some say that by this action we politically reversed the reason for the revolutionary war. As part of this war we attacked the Philippines and killed 200,000 Filipinos.
· We greatly expanded our interventionism with five additional wars, ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and two with Iraq. NONE of these wars were for DEFENSE.
· We shredded our constitution in 1913 with The Federal Reserve Act, the 1938 Minimum Wage Act which prevents full employment and 1965 federal takeover of health care in the form of Medicare.
· Inflation, from our beginning in 1879, was allowed to abound by Congress, by allowing the banks to create money in the borrowing process; with this inflation, there were often times gold specie shortages. It is likely that the Congress did not comprehend this issue.
Under today’s circumstances few people can survive without some kind of a federal “handout.” Some might say we have made our government our god.
With a super majority of Christians it is unreasonable that if parents want to send their children to a Christian school that they must pay for the Christian School out of their own pocket, as well as pay for the government schools. We have this situation because our government has learned how to divide and conquer “we the people.” We can and we must change this circumstance by educating Christians.
Alice M. Baldwin, the daughter of a Congregational Minister, for her doctorate thesis of 1928 wrote the book, “The New England Clergy and the American Revolution”: http://www.thechristianidentityforum.net/downloads/New-Revolution.pdf
From Baldwin’s book we can learn:
· how the New England clergy preserved, extended, and popularized the essential doctrines of political philosophy,
· how the New England clergy taught about Christianity and just wars,
· the clergy stood before the people as interpreters of God's will. Their political speeches were sermons, their political slogans were often Bible texts.
From our early Colonial era the Church was involved with the people, including politics; today, for some reason, the Church has dropped out of politics and we the people have lost our way; and as a result our Federal Government has lost its way.
Churches of this nation, I propose, have both an opportunity and a historical mandate to help “we the people” restore our government to its historical roots.
Example: polls show that Christians are a Super Majority of United States population. (See one poll http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90356 ).
But, the Christians are divided about half vote democrat; the other half votes republican because the they have been divided since about the year 1900 when our people became “Progressive.” Effectively, a progressive asks the government to replace God as our provider. And when a Christian parent wants their child to attend a Christian school – they must pay for both the government school and the private school. In the beginning, all were educated in the faith of Jesus Christ. This is a Christian Nation. (And has been a Christian Nation from before our beginning as a nation),.
More missionaries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Auca