OUR NATION’S WONDERFUL START
NOT SOLDIERS, NOT DRONES
THE CHURCH WAS VERY ACTIVE IN OUR BEGINNING
The Church taught the people God’s plan for good government and the people with the Church brought about the best modern government on earth.
OUR NATION’S WONDERFUL START
Alice M. Baldwin, the daughter of a Congregational Minister; for her doctorate thesis of 1928 wrote the book: “The New England Clergy and the American Revolution.”
Baldwin’s Book is available online:
Her book shows clergy actions in the 17th and 18th Century:
· how the
· how the
· the clergy stood before the people as interpreters of God's will. Their political speeches were sermons; their political slogans were often Bible texts.
ELECTION DAY SERMON
CHURCH PASTOR HELPED EDUCATE THE PEOPLE
One sentence from this election day sermon: “Whenever, then, the ruler encourages them that do evil, and is a terror to those that do well,--i.e., as soon as he becomes a tyrant,--he forfeits his authority to govern, and becomes the minister of Satan, and, as such, ought to be opposed.” http://www.belcherfoundation.org/natural_law.htm
WHY DID THE CHURCH DROP OUT?
THE JOHNSON AMENDMENT?
But some or many of our Churches have dropped out from helping people understand our government and its actions; and the federal government is continuing it’s a downward spiral..
OUR INTEGRITY YEARS
From our origin in
1607 to about 1835 (with exceptions such as slavery, cruelty to Indians and
military intrusions into
In 1835 the Andrew
Jackson administration; after balancing the nation’s budget seven of eight
years, paid the federal debt to zero and got rid of the national bank. Though
THE GROWTH YEARS
1790 to 1890
Our new nation: with the integrity of a significantly Christian population, relatively sound money, legally binding contracts “supply and demand” wages, the free market and with a small federal government - the PEOPLE GREW THE ECONOMY. Competition kept the company’s competitive.
By the end of these
first 100 years, the
The “supply and demand” average wage from 1867 to 1893 was 7 cents per hour. There was no federal minimum wage. During this period we had 20 economic surplus years and 7 deficit years.
During those 27 years:
· The average per person gross domestic product was $209 per year and
· The federal spending per person per year was about $8
· The federal tax rate based on these two numbers is 3.6% taken via the tariff; no individual forms to complete. I like both the size and the method of taking the tax.
· July, 1886 the first naval steel ship, the “
WE SENT MISSIONARIES TO FOREIGN LANDS_
Americans venture(d) forth with their version of the gospel of Protestantism and American civilization, first to India, Burma, and Hawaii, then eventually by 1900 to the Middle East, Africa, and to China, Japan, and Korea in the Far East. In the last decades of the century, American missionary numbers increased substantially (to about 5,000 by 1900).
Deuteronomy 31:20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
De 30:17 & 18: But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
· God cares about people accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior;
· God cares about people living within His laws;
· God cares about the people abiding on their land And
· God cares when we worship other gods.
NOW WE GROW DEBT!!
WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM??
In stark contrast with our integrity years, with all the advances in energy, transportation and modern equipment;
· Government stated national debt:
$18.13 trillion on
$21.06 trillion on
· Economist Laurence J. Kotlikoff; Professor of Economics, Boston University, on February 25, 2015 appeared before the US Senate Budget Committee and reported that OUR COUNTRY, The United States of America is BROKE TODAY (over 3 years ago).
· Per Kotlikoff, the
· Our Congress and our people have not caught on and the federal government continues to spend as if nothing is wrong?
· Speculating why the attitude changed it is noted that Darwin published the “Origin of the Species” in 1859; for some this may have taken the idea of a Creator God out of their thoughts??
Herbert G. Peters
2018 Candidate for